Indian Stream Health Center holds special event in recognition of National Health Center Week
Like community health centers across the country, Indian Stream Health Center is pleased to serve as a critical provider of health care and services to those in need. “Community health centers are a vital component of the nation’s safety net,” said Jonathan Brown
, CEO, Indian Stream Health Center (ISHC). “We’re proud to serve in that role and be part of the foundation of a healthy community.”
During the week of August 13-19, ISHC will join with health centers across the United States in celebrating their daily mission of providing affordable, quality primary care and behavioral health services to children, teens, adults and seniors. Mr. Brown noted that ISHC’s locations in Colebrook, NH and Canaan, VT would be recognizing and thanking patients during the week in special ways. “Our patients have entrusted us with their health care and we take that responsibility very seriously,” he said.
The centerpiece of the week will be a free community health f air on Wednesday, August 16 from 8:00a.m.– 4:00 p.m. at ISHC’s Colebrook location (141 Corliss Lane). The event includes:
• Height, weight and blood pressure checks
• The health benefits of essential oils/therapeutic touch
• Hand massage with Doterra Essential Oils
• Core Fitness education/demonstration with personal trainer Carol Bouchard
• Bring in your OTC (Over the Counter) medications and talk to a pharmacist about what might be working well or if you have concerns. Get your questions answered.
• Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital will be providing tips on diabetes risk reduction and nutrition education
• Healthy snacks
• Summer survival tips, information and giveaways
The North Country Recreation Center will also be on hand to share information about their programs and services. The Health Fair is free and open to the community. “A large part of our daily work is helping our patients and their families achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle,” said Tanya Young, Clinical Outreach Director at ISHC. “In addition to being able to take advantage of health screenings at our event, attendees will be able to talk to medical professionals and pick up health education materials.” One of the bright spots in America’s health care system, Community Health Centers serve more than 25 million Americans, a number that continues to grow along with the demand for affordable primary care. They have compiled a significant record of success that includes:
• Producing $24 billion in annual health system savings;
• Reducing unnecessary hospitalizations and unnecessary visits to the emergency room;
• Treating patients for a fraction of the average cost of one emergency room visit;
• Maintaining patient satisfaction levels of nearly 100 percent;
• Serving more than one in six Medicaid beneficiaries for less than two percent of the national Medicaid budget.
Health centers not only prevent illness and foster wellness in the most challenging populations, they produce innovative solutions to the most pressing health care issues in their communities. They reach beyond the walls of conventional medicine to address the factors that may cause sickness, such as lack of nutrition, mental illness, homelessness and opioid addiction. “Our clinicians and staff come to work each day with a singular focus on caring for the whole person,” noted Mr. Brown.
For details and information on Health Center Week and the free community health fair at ISHC, please check out ISHC’s Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/IndianStreamHealthCenter/
141 Corliss Lane, Colebrook
Coos County, NH 03576
253 Gale Street, Canaan
Essex County, VT 05903
Main Phone: (603) 237-8336
Fax: (603) 237-4467
Pharmacy Phone: (603) 237-4170
Pharmacy Fax: (603) 237-4172
24 Hour On-Call Provider Access
Monday - Friday: 7 am - 7 pm
Saturday: 8 am - 5 pm
Monday - Thursday
8 am - 5 pm
Friday: Call Ahead
"Optimizing health and wellbeing within the communities we serve"